What is the VoiceThread tool?
VoiceThread allows you to create, present, discuss, and annotate media.
VoiceThreads are interactive slideshows that you create by uploading and linking documents, pictures, videos, and/or audio files. You and others with whom you share a VoiceThread can engage with the material and discuss it by adding text, audio, or video comments to the slides.
Note: For instructions to add this or any other tool to your site, see How do I add a tool to my site?
- Create a VoiceThread slideshow including slides, documents, pictures, videos, and/or audio.
- Comment on any VoiceThread shared with them, via text, audio, or video comment.
- Control the sharing of VoiceThreads they create.
- Use the Lessons tool to link to individual VoiceThreads or collections of VoiceThread content.
- Use the Lessons tool to create VoiceThread assignments that require students to watch, interact with, or create their own content.
- Grade VoiceThread assignments and send grades to the Gradebook.
For a complete list of features and instructions to use VoiceThread, see the UVA Voicethread Setup & Use Google doc (opens new window).
Tip: VoiceThread assignments can only be created within Lessons. For more information, see How do I add a VoiceThread assignment to a lesson page?