What is the Sign Up tool?
Sign Up allows you to create online sign-up sheets.
Popular uses of the Sign Up tool include scheduling:
- Advising sessions,
- Office hours,
- In-class presentations,
- Clinical rotations in medical or nursing classes.
Note: For instructions to add this or any other tool to your site, see How do I add a tool to my site?
Sign Up Features
Sign Up includes options to specify:
- Availability: Restrict sign-up to participants from specific rosters or groups, or allow participants from multiple UVACollab sites to sign up for the same meeting.
- Participants: Allow participants to choose their own time slots, or manually assign participants to slots.
- Meeting Types: Indicate if your meeting has one or several time slots.
- Meeting Frequency: Schedule one-time or recurring meetings.
- Wait Lists: If a time slot is full, allow participants to add themselves to a wait list for that time slot. If someone who was previously signed up for the time slot cancels their sign-up, the next person in the wait list will be signed up for that slot, and they will receive an email to let them know that they have been signed up.
- Email Notifications: Receive notifications when participants sign up for meetings, send notifications when meetings are modified, and have a reminder email sent automatically to participants the day before the meeting.
- Calendar Integration: Add a meeting to your UVACollab site's Calendar, or download an iCal file you can use to add a meeting to a calendar program, such as Microsoft Outlook.