What is the Tests & Quizzes tool?
Tests & Quizzes allows you to create online assessments, including tests, quizzes, assignments with automatically-graded questions, and anonymous surveys, for delivery to students or other groups.
Tests & Quizzes offers many settings to control how assessments are delivered, such as dates and time limits, assessment layout, and feedback provided to participants.
Note: For instructions to add this or any other tool to your site, see How do I add a tool to my site?
Tests & Quizzes Features
Tests & Quizzes allows site administrators to:
- Create online assessments, assignments, and surveys.
- Select from a wide variety of question types and automatic scoring settings.
- Randomize questions and/or answer options within questions.
- Create question pools to save and reuse questions.
- Automatically generate assessments from a random selection of questions in a question pool.
- Control access to assessments using dates and time limits.
- Release assessments to specific groups or anonymous users.
- Review submission scores and answer statistics.
- Grade by student or by question.
- Specify what types of feedback will be delivered and when.
To access this tool, select Tests & Quizzes from the Tool Menu in your site.
Tests & Quizzes main page (Student View)
The student view of Tests & Quizzes includes two sections:
- Take an Assessment - Assessments currently available for you to take, their time limit (if they have a time limit) and their due date/time,
- Submitted Assessments - Assessments you have submitted, with scores and Feedback links if your instructor has made feedback available.
Note: Assessments which are past the due date but still available for late submissions will appear in the list with the Due Date/Time shown in red. Assessments which are not currently available do not show up in the Take an Assessment list at all.
For more information on taking assessments and viewing feedback, see:
Tests & Quizzes main page (Instructor View)
The instructor view of Tests & Quizzes includes:
- Options for creating a new assessment,
- Two tabs that will include assessments which have been created and published: Working Copies (drafts that can be edited) and Published Copies (assessments that will be or have been made available to students).
For more information about authoring and administering assessments, see:
- Best Practices for Delivering Online Tests & Quizzes
- How do I create an assessment in Tests & Quizzes?
- What types of questions can I incorporate into my assessments?