Kaltura Upgrade Features List
Many new features and improvements are available in the upgrade to the Kaltura integration in UVACollab. The lists below describe:
Refer to these vendor user guides for steps on using features in the upgraded tools:
- Kaltura User Guide (PDF) provides illustrated steps on using most of the features in the new tools.
- Personal Capture (opens new window) is a downloaded application that runs on your desktop. This guide explains how to use it for webcam, audio, and screen recordings for upload to the My Media tool.
Contact UVACollab support staff to request a demo or consultation: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Features available in My Media (Home) and Media Gallery (course and collaboration sites)
- Upload media (videos, images, audio) (also available in old Kaltura Media Gallery) - In My Media, uploaded content is private by default. In Media Gallery, media is published to the site and viewable by site participants by default.
- Upload media files over 2 GB.
- Edit media (also available in old Kaltura Media Gallery).
- Enable option to download media.
- View list of sites in which a media item is published.
- Permanently delete media from ALL sites where it appears.
- Add co-editors and/or co-publishers (collaborators) to your media.
- Change media owner.
- View analytics.
- Disable or close comments on media in ALL sites where that media appears. (Comments are enabled by default to boost engagement.)
- Disabling comments hides all existing comments and prevents new ones from being posted.
- Closing comments leaves previous comments visible in sites where they were posted but prevents additional comments from being added.
Filter, Search, Sort Media
- Filter media by type (video, audio, image).
- Search captions for keywords and jump to video locations.
- Search for media (also available in old Kaltura Media Gallery).
- Sort media by most recent or alphabetically.
- Attach file to accompany media.
- Upload a captions file (SRT or DFXP format).
Features available only in My Media (Home)
- Enable option to embed media in external sites.
Filter, Search, Sort Media
- Filter media by owner, status (published vs. private), or editing options (media I own or media owned by someone else that I can publish or edit).
- Webcam and screen recordings (in old Kaltura Media Gallery, webcam recording was only available in browsers that supported Flash) - To record and upload to My Media, use Personal Capture (downloaded application that runs on your desktop). See the Personal Capture User Guide (opens new window) for steps to use it.
Features available only in Media Gallery (course and collaboration sites)
- Remove media from the current site only (also available in old Kaltura Media Gallery).
- Organize media in Playlists (organizing was available in old Kaltura Media Gallery in Collections).
- Moderate uploads (also available in old Kaltura Media Gallery).
- Embed media into other site tools (also available in old Kaltura Media Gallery).
- Embed playlists in other areas of your site.
- Disable comments for all media in the current site only. (Comments are enabled by default to boost engagement.)
For a visual chart displaying the information on this page, see the Kaltura Upgrade Features Chart.