How do I allow students to add content to Lessons?
Go to Lessons.
Click on the Lessons page title in the Tool Menu to display the page.
Note: The default or blank Lessons page contains text and images that explain the basic functionality of the Lessons tool.
Click Add Content, then Add Student Content.
From the Add Content drop-down menu, select Add Student Content.
View Student Content Pages.
Click Edit. (Optional)
Click the Edit button if you would like to modify the settings.
Edit the Student Content Section Properties as needed.
- Check Make these student pages anonymous if you want the student pages to not reflect the name of the student creating the pages.
- Check Create gradebook item for these if the student content pages are to be graded and enter maximum points.
- Check Add comments section to each page if you will allow other students to comment on the student pages.
- Check Make these comments anonymous if you want student comments to be anonymous.
- Check Grade these comments if you want to grade student comments on other student pages.
- Check Add a peer review rubic to each page if you want to allow students to grade other student pages based on a rubric.
- Select a rubric. The Sample Peer Evaluation rubric (selected by default), or you may click Create a new rubric to create one.
- Set the Open/Due dates for peer evaluation.
- If you want students to be able to review their own pages, check the box for Allow self-grade
- Check Student pages will will be jointly owned by all members of a group rather than an individual to allow site groups (rather than individuals) to create Student Pages. Each group member will be allowed to add/edit content on the group's Student Pages.
- Check the box for Use rubric for student within a group to evaluate each other if you would like groups to use rubrics.
- Check the box for Students only see their own page if you want the student pages to be visible only to the instructor and the author of the page.
- Check the box for Don't release item until all prerequisites are completed if you want to restrict access based on a prerequisite.
- Check Require this item to require the creation of Student Pages before moving on to a different Lessons item.
Note: All of the settings listed above are optional.
When finished, click Update item.
Updating will return the display to the Lessons page with the Student Pages section shown.
To view a student's page, click on the student's name.
Example of a Student Page.
Students can add text, link to documents, link to web pages, embed images, embed video, embed audio, create sub-pages, add comments (if allowed) and peer review (if allowed).
Click Back to return to the Lessons page. The Back button is located in the top right corner of the student's page.
Click Peer Evaluation Statistics.
Click the Peer Evaluation Statistics button to see the evaluations made by other students (or self-evaluations).
View peer/self evaluations.
This will display the Peer Evaluations made by other students or the Self Evaluation (if selected in properties) based on either the default rubric (shown above) or your custom created rubric.