How do I create a multi-part syllabus by dates?
You can create a multi-part syllabus using a date and calendar format, outlined here, or based on the number of items needed in the "How do I create a multi-part syllabus based on the number of items needed?" tutorial. The date and calendar format creates a specific syllabus item for each meeting time of the class.
Enter syllabus title and date information.
- Type in title for the syllabus.
- Select the radio button next to the Create syllabus items by dates option.
- Enter the start date of the semester using the date-picker calendar icon.
- Enter the end date of the semester using the date-picker calendar icon.
- Enter the start time of the class.
- (Optional) Enter the end time of the class.
- Check the appropriate boxes to select which days of the week this course will meet.
- Click Add and Publish.
A syllabus item will be created for each class meeting during the dates you specified.
This allows you to add a file as an attachment to this syllabus item, or to open the Rich Text Editor to create content directly in the Syllabus item.
Click the arrowhead icon to the left of an item to expand the item and edit.
This allows you to edit the Syllabus item.
Add an attachment to this syllabus item.
AND/OR add content using the Rich Text Editor.
Edit the heading of a syllabus item.
Hide/release the syllabus item. (Optional)
Click the lightbulb icon to hide a Syllabus item. If the icon is yellow, the item is available to students. If gray, hidden from students. In the above example, Module 1 is available to students on January 1, 2014 at 8am. Module 2 is hidden from students until the instructor clicks the lightbulb icon again to change it from gray to yellow.
Rearranging syllabus items.
Click any syllabus item and drag it to the location where you want it.