Creating Portfolio Templates: Step 1: Provide a Name and Description (For CIG Coordinators)
To give the template a name and description, access the Portfolios Templates tool and follow these steps:
- If the Portfolio Templates home page is not displayed, click the Reset button.
- In the Portfolio Templates menu bar near the top of the screen, click the Add button. Sakai displays the Add Portfolio Template, Step 1 of 4, screen.
- Enter a name for this layout in the Name box.
- If desired, enter a helpful description in the Description box for participants to use in selecting this template. This is especially useful if participants will have several options from which to choose.
- Under Show within Portfolio Navigation, specify whether portfolios based on this template will display in the window from which they are accessed or in a new window. It is recommended that you choose No to display the portfolio in a new window. Options and results are as follows:
- Yes -- Portfolios based on this template will display in the window from which they are accessed. |
- No -- Portfolios based on this template will display in a new browser window. |
To proceed, click Continue. Sakai displays the Build Template, Step 2 of 4, screen (see below). Or, to return to the Portfolio Templates home page without adding any of this information, click Cancel.