Providing Formative Feedback in Matrix Cells
If you are a Reviewer or have the Review permission, you may examine the contents of a participant's matrix at any time and offer formative feedback on the work you find there. You may also return to a cell you have reviewed before, review any further work that has been done there, and provide additional feedback. To review and provide feedback on a matrix, open the Matrices tool and follow these steps:
- If the Matrices home page is not displayed, click the Reset button.
- Find the matrix you want to review and click its name. Sakai displays the selected matrix. In the upper left corner of the screen, a drop-down list of users is displayed. Select the user to whom you wish to give feedback. (Note: If the site contains multiple groups, you may see also a Select group drop-down list. Use this menu to restrict the list of users to a specific group. This can be helpful if the site contains a large number of users.)
- Sakai displays a read-only copy of the matrix for the user you specified. Verify that you are viewing the correct participant's matrix before proceeding (immediately above the user name drop-down menu, the name of the participant should appear in a message like 'View "PUL Matrix" (READ ONLY): Firstname Lastname').
- Icons in a cell indicate that the user has attached material to it. The background color of a cell indicates its status.
- Click on a cell to open it and review its contents.
- Click the names of any forms, items, and reflections to open and review them.
- To provide general feedback, click Add Feedback in the "General Feedback" area to open the Feedback form. To offer feedback on a specific item in the "Items" area, click Add Feedback next to the item to open the Feedback form for that item.
- Fill in the form according to any instructions given in it. You may type your feedback directly into the text box or copy and paste text from another document.
- When you have completed the feedback form, click Save Changes to return to the matrix cell. Or, to return to the matrix cell without saving your changes, click Cancel.
- To return to the matrix display, click Back to the Matrix.