Exporting and Importing Forms (For CIG Coordinators)
If you own more than one site, you may want to use a particular form in two or more sites. To do so, you may either recreate the form on the second site from the .xsd file in Resources or export the form to your desktop as a compressed file and then import it to the other site(s) where you plan to use it. The compressed ".zip" file contains the XML file defining the editable data fields, Name and Instructions, and the XSD file comprising the schema. You may also wish to acquire exported zip files for forms from other users for import to your site(s).
Exporting a Form
To export a zipped file for a form, access the Forms tool and follow these steps:
1. If the Manage Forms page is not displayed, click the Reset button.
2. Find the form you want to export.
3. Click Export below the name of the form.
4. Your browser will prompt you to open or save the file. Save the file to a local storage device. The exported form will have a .zip extension.
Importing a Form
To import a form, access the site to which you want to import it and follow these steps:
1. Upload the compressed ".zip" file to Resources (in the site you where you are maintaining this site's forms).
2. Access the Forms tool. If the Manage Forms page is not displayed, click the Reset button.
3. Click Import at the top of the page. Sakai displays the Import Form screen.
4. Click Select File. Sakai displays the Add Attachment screen.
5. Navigate the site and folder hierarchy to locate the .xsd file you uploaded in step 1. Click Select next to the name of the file. The .zip file will appear under Items to attach at the top of the page.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Continue. Sakai displays the zip file Import Form screen again. The name of the file you chose is displayed in the Import File box.
7. Click Import. Sakai imports the file from the Resources area and returns to the Manage Forms page. The imported form is listed under its original name with a site state of "unpublished". Or, to return to the Manage Forms page without importing the file into the Forms tool, click Cancel.