What is the Lessons tool?
Lessons is a tool that allows an instructor to organize resources, activities, and media on a single page. You can have as many Lessons pages in your site as needed. Each Lessons page can be customized to suit the needs of the lesson, including links to other site tools, conditional release of items and content, student content pages, LTI tools, and more.
With Lessons, instructors can organize the course by unit, module, week, topic, or any other grouping that makes sense for the site.
To access this tool, click on the Lessons page title in the Tool Menu of your site.
The Lessons tool is often renamed to something else, and may appear multiple times in a given course. Click on the Lessons Page Title (e.g. Unit #1) in the Tool Menu to display the page.
Note: The default or blank Lessons page contains text and images that explain the basic functionality of the Lessons tool.
Example of a Lessons page.
This example demonstrates new features of the Lessons tool:
- Block style page layout to group items on a page
- Multiple sections on one page
- Mutliple columns in one section
- Flexible column design (2 columns in one section block, 1 column with double width, and a variety of column background color)
Lessons pages may contain any of the following items:
- Page title
- Column break
- Section break
- Text item (i.e. content on the page)
- Images or videos embedded on a page
- Content links to items in Resources such as files or URLs
- Links to published assessments (Tests & Quizzes tool)
- Links to forums and topics (Forums tool)
- Links to individual assignments (Assignments tool)
- In-line question items on the page
- Links to subpages
- Items may be designated to different groups as required
- Comments on the page
- Links to Student Pages where students may create their own content
- Items may have prerequisites and other requirements (i.e. conditional release)