How do I delegate site access to a user?
Go to Delegated Access tool.
Select Delegated Access from the Tool Menu of the Administration Workspace or in your own My Workspace site.
Find and select user.
- Click the Search by User button*
- Enter the user name or user ID and click Submit Query (or hit "enter" key).
- Click the Edit link for the user.
Tip: You can also search for a user by clicking the Search by Access button. See How do I search users in Delegated Access?
Expand hierarchy nodes.
If you want the user to have the same access settings for all sites in your Sakai instance, you can skip this step. Otherwise, click the Expand All Nodes link (or click the root node). Continue expanding nodes to access the appropriate node.
Note: Settings you select for a node will apply to all its "child" (lower-level) nodes, but not to any other nodes at the same level in the hierarchy. You can always override settings that a lower-level node inherits from a higher node.
Set access and role
For a particular node:
- Check Site Access.
- Select a role from the User Becomes menu. The user will have the permissions for the selected role when accessing sites.
Set tool restrictions
Optionally, restrict access to specific tools.
- Click Restricted Tools. In the window that displays, select the appropriate tool(s).
- Click Done.
Add Become User tool
Optionally, enable access to the Become User tool. The tool will be added to the user's My Workspace.
- Click Advanced.
- In the window that displays, enable the setting.
- Click Done.
Note: The Become User tool will only function for the sites to which the user has been granted access.
Click Save. A "Successfully saved" message displays.
If the user has no previous delegated access permissions enabled, the Delegated Access tool gets added to the user's My Workspace, along with Become User if you also enabled access to that tool.