How do I add items to Gradebook Classic?
Click the Add Gradebook Item(s) button.
Note: Assignments, Quizzes, and Student Content in Lessons can be sent to the gradebook from within the respective tools when the item is posted or published. There is no need to add those items manually in the gradebook.
Instructors typically add items to the gradebook manually for things such as:
- Posting grades for items completed outside of Sakai
- Discussion Forum grades
Click the Add Gradebook Items(s) button to manually add items to your gradebook.
- Give your item a Title in the text box provided. A Title is required.
- Enter the Gradebook Item Point Value for the item (also required).
- Optionally, if you would like this to be an extra credit item, you may select the check box for Extra Credit just below the point value. For more information on extra credit, see How does extra credit work?
- Enter a Due Date for the item if you choose. Due dates are optional. You may also use the calendar icon to pull up the date-picker and select a date from there.
- If you have categories in your gradebook, select the appropriate category for this item from the Category drop-down menu.
- Check the box for Release this item to Students if you would like students to be able to view their grades for this item. Leaving the box unchecked hides the item from students.
- Check the box for Include this item in course grade calculations if you would like the item to be added into the course grade. Leaving the box unchecked omits it from the course grade.
- Once you have entered all of the information for this item, click the Add Item(s) button to save your changes.
Tip: If you would like to add more than one item at a time, you may also click on the Add Another Gradebook Item link to add multiple items.
View gradebook items.
After you have added items to your gradebook, you will be able to view a list of all gradebook items on the Gradebook tool landing page.
Notice that any items which are coming from Assignments or Tests & Quizzes will be highlighted and the origin of the item will be noted in the Grade Editor column on the far right.
Also, notice that any items which are not released to students will appear in grey text.