Changing the Status of Matrix Cells (For CIG Coordinators)
The CIG Coordinator can reset the status of any cell for one user or all users, regardless of the previous status of the cell. This feature is helpful when a user takes an action resulting in a change of cell status that needs to be undone; for example, a student accidentally submits a cell before completing a required reflection. The cell is now in "Pending" status, which is read-only, so the student is unable to add the reflection. In such cases, the CIG Coordinator can intervene and reset the status of the cell.
To change the status of a matrix cell, follow these steps:
- If the Matrices home page is not displayed, click the Reset button.
- Find the matrix with which you wish to work. Sakai displays the selected matrix.
- In the upper left corner of the screen, a drop-down list of users is displayed. Select the user whose cell status you wish to change. (Note: If the site contains multiple groups, you may see also a Select group drop-down list. Use this menu to restrict the list of users to a specific group from which you can select the individual. This can be helpful if the site contains a large number of users.)
- Sakai displays a read-only copy of the matrix for the user you specified. Verify that you are viewing the correct participant's matrix before proceeding (immediately above the user name drop-down menu, the name of the participant should appear in a message like 'View "PUL Matrix" (READ ONLY): Firstname Lastname').
- In the upper left corner under "Matrices", click Manage Status.
- From the drop-down menu next to "Change Status to", choose Ready, Pending, Completed, Returned, or Locked.
- Choose the appropriate radio button:
- For this user only
- For all users (Note: Exercise extreme caution when selecting For all users. This option should be used only in rare cases when an evaluator or the CIG Coordinator has made a mistake affecting all users.)