Previewing Forms (For CIG Coordinators)
Before adding a form to a matrix cell or portfolio template, you can preview the form to make sure it's appropriate for your intended purpose:
- Method One: This method works for forms listed in the Forms tool, including "hidden" forms. However, it cannot be used to preview "global" forms, i.e., forms that the Sakai administrator has made available to all users.
- Go to the work site containing the form you wish to preview. From the Tool Menu, click Forms to open the Forms tool.
- On the Manage Forms page, locate the form you wish to preview, and click Edit.
- On the Edit Form page, click Preview. An empty version of the form will appear.
- To test the form, enter sample data in each field and click Validate. To return to the Edit Form page, click Return.
- Click Save Changes or Cancel to return to the Manage Forms page.
- Method Two: This method works for site-specific and "global" forms, but cannot be used to preview "hidden" forms.
- Go to My Workspace.
- In the Tool Menu, click Resources to open the Resources tool.
- Open the Add menu next to any folder, and choose New Form Item.
- All of the forms to which you have access (except hidden forms) will be listed on the Select a Form page. Forms are organized into groups by site (the site in which the form resides) and then alphabetically by form name. Select the form you wish to preview, and click Continue. An empty version of the form will appear.
- To test the form, enter sample data in each field and click Continue. The Edit Details screen for the form will be displayed. Otherwise, click Back to return to the list and preview another form, or click Cancel to return to Resources in My Workspace.
- Give the completed form an appropriate name, complete the Edit Details screen, and click Finish. The Resources folder for My Workspace will be displayed.
- Click the name of the completed form to review its content. (Remove the completed form if it is no longer needed.)