Preliminary Steps for Adding Forms (For CIG Coordinators)
Before adding a form, follow these steps:
1. Create, or find, the XSD file that defines the data structure that you want. Review existing global forms on your Sakai instance. You may find a form that suits your purposes, in which case you do not need to create a new one. You cannot create an XSD file in the Forms tool; to create an XSD file, use an off line XML editor or the Form Builder (Contrib) tool.
2. When creating or editing an XSD file, plan the content carefully. Keep the following points in mind:
- Field names are displayed to the left of the text fields to which they apply.
- Field names wrap somewhat unpredictably.
- Long field names are difficult for participants to read.
3. Consider adding the new form to the Forms tool in a test site in order to view and change it as needed before including it in your production site.