How do I read, post, or delete Chat Room messages?
Go to Chat Room.
Select the Chat Room tool from the Tool Menu in your site.
To read Chat Room messages:
- When you click Chat Room, you will enter the default room (as specified by the site leader). To change rooms, click Change Room at the top, and select the room you'd like to enter.
- To see who is presently in the room, look under "Users in Chat" on the right side of the screen.
- Messages appear in chronological order, with the most recent at the bottom. Messages will always identify the sender.
- To hide or display the date or time messages were posted, select the appropriate option from the "View" drop-down list: Time Only, Date and Time, Date Only, Neither Date nor Time, or ID Only.
- To change how many messages you see, from the second drop-down list, select one of the following options: All Messages, Last 10 messages, Past 3 days, or Show no message history. (If you choose Show no message history, you will see only messages posted after you made this selection.)
To post Chat Room messages:
In the text box at the bottom of the window, type your message, and then click Add message.
Note: No one can see your message until you click Add message, but once you do, only an instructor or a participant with special permission can delete your message.
To discard a message that you haven't sent yet, click Clear.
To delete a Chat Room messages.
To delete a Chat Room message that you have sufficient permission to delete, click the trash can icon next to the posting, and then click Delete.
Note: If you don't see a trash can icon, you don't have permission to delete the message.
Tip: To permanently delete all messages from a chat room, click Options, and then click Clear History. Click Delete to confirm.